Embark on a soul-stirring pilgrimage to the revered shrines of Kedarnath and Badrinath with our Kedarnath Badrinath Dham Tour Package from Haridwar. This thoughtfully designed tour invites you to embark on a cultural and historical journey, providing you with an opportunity to immerse yourself in the divine essence and peacefulness of these hallowed places.
The tour begins as you depart from Haridwar/Rishikesh, venturing into the captivating foothills of the Outer Himalayas. Prepare to immerse yourself in the enchanting prayers of Hinduism and seek the ultimate spiritual enlightenment. Our first stop is at the revered Kedarnath Dham, one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India and a significant part of the Char Dhams.
Immerse yourself in a peaceful and serene experience as you visit the sacred meditation shrine of Lord Vishnu, known as Badrinath Dham. This ancient temple, with a history spanning over 1,200 years, carries great importance for Hindu devotees who yearn for spiritual liberation, also known as “Moksha.” Feel a deep sense of tranquility and inner peace as you offer your prayers in this divine place.
As part of the tour, you’ll have the chance to participate in the Rudrabhishek Puja, a sacred ceremony that revitalizes the soul and fosters a deep connection with the divine. Moreover, the tranquil surroundings and breathtaking natural beauty enveloping these sacred destinations enhance the profound sense of wonder and reverence you’ll experience.
A Majestic Confluence: Devprayag – Where Rivers Unite
While exploring the mystical Himalayas, witness the breathtaking confluence of the Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers at Devprayag. The merging of these two powerful rivers creates a mesmerizing spectacle that captures the essence of nature’s grandeur. Take a moment to pause and appreciate the awe-inspiring beauty that unfolds before your eyes, as the swirling waters unite and flow harmoniously on their journey downstream. This picturesque location offers a panoramic view that will leave you spellbound.
After a day filled with spiritual experiences, unwind and create lasting memories with your fellow travelers. Gather around a bonfire, indulge in traditional dances and melodious singing, and make your evenings truly unforgettable.
During the enchanting journey, explore the vibrant local markets of Rishikesh. Immerse yourself in the energetic and spiritually uplifting ambiance they offer. Discover the renowned Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula, iconic landmarks that unveil the area’s profound cultural legacy.
Brief itinerary for Kedarnath Badrinath Trek:
Day 1: Arrival in Guptkashi – Enchanting Journey from Haridwar (220 km)
Day 2: Guptkashi to Kedarnath – Divine Trek to Kedarnath Temple (16 km)
Day 3: Kedarnath to Guptkashi – Scenic Descent and Sightseeing (16 km)
Day 4: Guptkashi to Badrinath – Visit to the Sacred Badrinath Temple (197 km)
Day 5: Badrinath to Rudraprayag – Scenic Drive and Sightseeing
Day 6: Departure from Rudraprayag – Exploring Rishikesh and Return to Haridwar
How to Reach
To make your travel hassle-free, the tour starts and ends in Haridwar/Rishikesh, easily accessible by air, rail, and road. Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun serves as the nearest airport, well-connected to major cities in India. Haridwar Railway Station is the primary railhead, ensuring convenient connectivity to various destinations.
Embark on an extraordinary journey where spirituality intertwines with natural beauty. Moreover, create cherished memories that will forever remain etched in your heart. Join us on the Kedarnath Badrinath Dham Tour Package from Haridwar and delve into the divine bliss awaiting you in the lap of the majestic Himalayas.
Kedarnath Badrinath Dham Trek Highlights:
Prerequisite: Prior high altitude trekking experience and good physical fitness are recommended.
Grade: The trek is of moderate difficulty, suitable for trekkers with some experience.
Trail Length: 32 km approx on foot.
Highest Point: The highest point of the trek is Kedarnath Temple, situated at an altitude of approximately 3,583 meters (11,755 feet) above sea level.
Seasons: Best during the summer months (May to June) and autumn months (September to October). It is advisable to avoid the monsoon season due to unfavorable weather conditions.
Further Option: For those seeking additional challenges, there are side trips available, such as Kirti Bamak or Sumeru Bamak, Nandanvan, and Vasuki Tal. These side trips are of a difficult grade and require advanced trekking skills.
Access: The trek begins at Gaurikund, which can be reached by road from Haridwar or Rishikesh.
Railway Station: The nearest railway station is Haridwar, which is well-connected to major cities like Delhi.
Airport: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant in Dehradun, offering convenient access from Delhi and other major cities.
Upcoming scheduled dates for Kedarnath Badrinath Dham Trek:
- You can check the scheduled Fixed Departure dates in the calendar available inside Booking Form or inside REGISTER NOW form. Tour starting Dates are highlighted as per our itinerary (Day 1 of 5 days itinerary).
- At present BOOK NOW functionality is disabled. You can get all the information in your email by submitting the REGISTER NOW form.
- If you are a group of people and available dates are not matching then you may select Custom date mode (by clicking the Select your custom date) and fill in the displayed form.
- You can also check all the available dates at a glance in our TREK CALENDAR.
- Trekkers need to reach Haridwar on Day 1 morning (latest by 7 am) or the previous night. Return to Rishikesh on Day 5 evening (around 6 pm approx). Arrange your tickets for inward journey and return accordingly
Arrival in Guptkashi – Enchanting Journey from Haridwar (220 km)
Start your Kedarnath Badrinath Dham trek as you get picked up from the Haridwar/Rishikesh pick-up point. Embark on a scenic drive to Guptkashi, with mesmerizing views of the sacred Ganga River throughout the journey. Marvel at the confluence of the Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers at Devprayag. Make a stop at Srinagar, the best place in the Garhwal region, to stock up on essentials. Witness the picturesque Rudraprayag and Ukhimath along the way. After reaching Guptkashi, check-in to your hotel and, if time permits, visit the ArdhNarishwar Temple. Enjoy a delicious dinner and retire for the day, ensuring a good night’s sleep for the adventures ahead.
Guptkashi to Kedarnath – Divine Trek to Kedarnath Temple (16 km)
Wake up to the breathtaking view of the mountains and start your day early. Depart from Guptkashi around 5 AM to allow ample time for the trek to Kedarnath Temple. Embark on a 16 km hike from Gaurikund to the sacred temple. You have the option to take ponies or palanquins for a more comfortable journey. Walk through the beautiful valley, with a flowing river stream alongside. Take a lunch break around Rambara. The sight of Kedarnath Temple, nestled amidst the valley with mountains embracing it, will fill your heart with joy. Experience the divine aura as you indulge in darshan at the temple. Afterward, return to your hotel in Kedarnath for an overnight stay.
Kedarnath to Guptkashi – Scenic Descent and Sightseeing (16 km)
Wake up amidst the majestic mountains, have breakfast, and begin your descent from Kedarnath to Guptkashi. Trek back the 16 km trail, taking a halt at Gauri Kund to visit the holy Gauri Kund Temple. Check-in to your hotel or homestay in Guptkashi for some well-deserved rest after the tiring journey. Enjoy an overnight stay in Guptkashi, surrounded by the serene beauty of nature.
Guptkashi to Badrinath – Visit to the Sacred Badrinath Temple (197 km)
Rise early, have breakfast, and check out from the hotel as you embark on a journey to the holy town of Badrinath. Witness awe-inspiring views along the way. Upon arrival, check-in to your hotel and proceed to visit the renowned Badrinath Temple. Take a dip in the holy Tapt Kund and witness the divine Badrivishal Aarti in the evening. If time permits, explore other attractions like Mana, VyasGufa, Maatamoorti, Charanpaduka, and Bhimkund. Return to your hotel in Badrinath for an overnight stay.
Badrinath to Rudraprayag – Scenic Drive and Sightseeing
Wake up to the majestic mountains and enjoy breakfast before starting your journey to Joshimath and Rudraprayag. Experience the breathtaking views throughout the drive. Make a stop at the Narsingh Temple in Joshimath before continuing to Rudraprayag, the confluence point of the Alaknanda and Mandakini rivers. Check-in to your hotel in Rudraprayag and enjoy leisure time. Overnight stay in Rudraprayag, surrounded by nature’s splendor.
Departure from Rudraprayag – Exploring Rishikesh and Return to Haridwar
Wake up to witness the magnificent confluence of the Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers. Enjoy breakfast at the hotel or homestay and get transferred to Haridwar, passing through the spiritual town of Rishikesh. Take a moment to visit the iconic Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula, explore the vibrant local market, and soak in the spiritual atmosphere. Our representative will escort you to your drop-off point, marking the end of this memorable journey. Depart with beautiful memories of the Kedarnath Badrinath Dham trek, enriched by the spiritual and natural wonders you encountered along the way.
How to Reach Haridwar:
To begin your treks in Garhwal, Haridwar serves as the usual starting point. Rishikesh, located 25 km away, is also considered a gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas. You have the option to fly or take a train to New Delhi from any part of India, based on your convenience.
Direct trains from Kolkata to Haridwar include:
1. Kumbha Express – Train No. 12369: A great option that arrives in Haridwar by 5 pm. You can spend the night in Haridwar and continue your journey by car the next morning.
2. Upasana Express – Train No. 12327: Another good option that arrives in Haridwar by 5 pm. You can spend the night in Haridwar and proceed with your onward journey by car the next morning.
3. Doon Express – Train No. 13009: Avoid booking this train if you plan to embark on a long onward journey immediately in the same morning.
When booking train tickets, it is advisable to avoid waitlisted (WL) tickets in AC classes (1A/2A/3A) or Chair Car (CC). Instead, book Sleeper class (SL) or Second Sitting class (2S) tickets, which usually have more seats/berths and a better chance of confirmation.
From New Delhi, you can easily reach Haridwar by train or bus, which takes approximately 5 to 6 hours covering a distance of around 210 km.
By train, the following daily running trains are good options to reach Haridwar:
1. DDN Janshtbdi – Train No. 12055: Arrives in Haridwar in the evening at 7:30 pm, a suitable choice if you plan to stay the night in Haridwar and have a long drive ahead the next day.
2. Nanda Devi Express – Train No. 12205: Arrives in Haridwar early morning at 4 am.
3. Utkal Express – Train No. 18477: Arrives in Haridwar at night around 9 pm.
4. Mussoorie Express – Train No. 14041: Arrives in Haridwar in the morning at 5:45 am.
Again, it is recommended to avoid booking waitlisted (WL) tickets in AC classes (1A/2A/3A) or Chair Car (CC). Book Sleeper class (SL) or Second Sitting class (2S) tickets for a better chance of confirmation.
By bus, you can find frequent government-operated buses from Kashmiri Gate ISBT in Delhi, which provide day and night services. Tickets for these regular buses are available onboard. To reach ISBT Kashmiri Gate from Delhi Airport or Station, you can use the Delhi Metro service, and it is a mere 4 km distance from NDLS (New Delhi Railway Station). Private buses can also be booked online through various portals such as redBus.in, offering overnight Volvo, A.C, and push-back bus services.
The nearest airport is Jolly Grant near Dehradun (Airport code: DED), which is 35 km away from Haridwar. This airport is easily accessible from Dehradun, Haridwar, and Rishikesh. Flights to Jolly Grant Airport are mostly connected via Delhi.
Accommodation in Haridwar:
For trekkers arriving the day before their actual trek, it is necessary to spend the night in Haridwar. There are several accommodation options available in Haridwar, ranging from premium, standard, to budget choices. These options include privately operated hotels/lodges, state-run tourist rest
TREK FEE: ₹ 18,599 (Haridwar to Rishikesh/Haridwar) + 5% GST
Book for 5 persons and get a 10% Group Discount on TREK FEE.
All meals during the trek. Regular Indian style nutritious vegetarian food during the trek, breakfast packed/hot lunch (depending upon the time you reach a campsite), snacks, dinner along with coffee/tea/soup.
Excellent trekking guide, who will be a local to this particular area and has profound knowledge of the trekking trails around.
Specialised Cook, Support staff, Porters/Packed Animals for carrying the central logistics of the trek.
Stay in tents (3 persons dome or ridge shaped tents) on sharing basis during the trek.
Camping equipment like Sleeping bag, Carry mattress, Gaiters, Micro spikes/Crampon. (Bring your own sleeping if you have a high altitude specific personal Sleeping Bag. This is always better for hygienic reasons.)
Kitchen tent, dinning tent and toilet tent as required during the trek.
All permit fee, camping charges, forest levy required for the trek.
Basic Medical & First Aid kit.
Stay in Haridwar (in case if you reach at Day 0 or plans to stay after trek ends).
We assume that you will carry your personal Rucksack/Backpack with all your personal belongings. If you want to offload your Rucksack and be carried by our Pack Animal/Porter then you need to pay additional ₹ 2500 for the entire duration of the trek. The Rucksack should not weigh more than 10 Kg.
Anything which is NOT mentioned in the “Inclusions” or personal in nature.
- We assume that you have read and understood our “Terms & Conditions” (https://greenvalleyhimalayas.com/terms-and-conditions) before Booking a trek/tour.
- To reserve your place in a scheduled Fixed Departure trek or a Customised/Private trek pay 25% of the TREK/TOUR FEE as the initial “Booking Deposit”. You can pay by Net banking/Draft/Cheque/Credit/Debit/AMEX cards. This will ensure your participation in the desired trek and we will reserve your place in the scheduled date. You need to pay the remaining amount at least 15 days before Trek Starting Date.
- If you book a Trek/Tour before 14 days or less from Trek/Tour Starting Date, you need to pay the full TREK/TOUR FEE.
- “Booking Amount” i.e.25% of the TREK/TOUR FEE is Non-Refundable at any stage.
- If in case you are not able to make it due to unavoidable reason(s), we provide you a very flexible choice of Shifting to another trek within next one year. One year is counted from the starting date of the trek/tour you booked initially with us.
- In case you postpone your trip you need to informminimum of 15 days before the trek/tour starting date. (Though we suggest to inform us earlier if known)
- In case you postpone a trek/tour before 15 days of the scheduled Trek/Tour Starting date or prior, you may shift to another group of the same trek/tour scheduled in the same season or within next one year. You may shift to another suitable route also. For changing any, you need our approval first. Your request must be in written communication through your registered email with us.
- If you cancel/postpone a trek/tour from 14 days to 8 days before tour starting date, your Booking Amount is Non-Refundable. We will not take any request of shifting dates. We will charge 50% of the amount as Cancellation Charges and process refund of remaining 50%. You may also shift to another group within next year but 25% Booking Amount will be deemed as Cancellation Charge and the rest amount will be transferred to the shifted group.
- If you cancel a trek/tour 7 days (i.e. a week) before Trek/Tour Starting Date or later, there will be NO REFUND.
- In case of any unforeseen incident including but not limited to natural calamities like flood, earthquake, landslide, forest fire or any political unrest, if we are compelled to cancel the trek/trip, you will be entitled to redeem the full amount for the same/similar kind of trek/trip within next one year.
If you need more clarifications write in to email@example.com
Well arranged. Though for me it was first time trekking and that too i did kedarnath which was possible due to the GVH team. Good places arranged for stay. Comfortable homely food. Would love to go for further tours in future
Great efforts by Prakash!
Leave a Review